Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5w or 5w1d

(according to what i think, today is 5 weeks, according to everything i put my due date into, today is 5w1d. whatever, it doesn't make a difference but i just wish it all said the same thing.)

i decided to call my RE's office just to talk to them about the very light staining i've been having. to be honest it's 2-3x per day and very very light pink. i drove myself completely crazy yesterday reading stupid threads about half of the women saying its fine and totally normal, and the other half saying how it led to disaster for them. i spoke with one of my favorite nurses who said that it's nothing to be overly concerned about. she tried to reassure me that it is most likely from doing the suppositories so often everyday and as long as its not accompanied by "constant painful cramping"(i did tell her ive been cramping off and on) and it does not get any worse, I should be fine. that was all i needed to hear. that is exactly the answer i was hoping to receive and my insane paranoia has subsided for now. i worked myself into such a frenzy yesterday because occasionally the cramps are kind of strong, but they usually pass moderately quickly. im hoping that everything i'm feeling is just normal growth stuff and everything is just fine. my ultrasound is 2 weeks from tomorrow, which seems like a million years away. luckily we have a bunch of stuff to do this weekend. saturday we are going to one of our favorite fancy wine bars to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. it will be fine for me to not have any wine, though i do love wine with delicious food, and im reallllllly looking forward to whatever we eat. the food there is always phenomenal. the following day my mother in law's oratorio society is performing their spring concert, so we'll be attending.

then next week will come and go with the normal routine, and then next saturday we have 2 events. a 4th birthday party way out in long island, and then the second is a 30th at night that i really want to go to. the bar the party is going to be at is supposedly known for its dance atmosphere later in the evening and im really hoping that i have the energy to go out. i haven't been out dancing in forever, and i have been wanting to go for months. as if suspicions weren't high enough at the last 30th i didn't drink at on cinco de mayo, im sure people will notice my seltzer with a lime as opposed to my usual beer, if they aren't tanked when they get to the bar. whatever, im sure all of my friends know somehow. it doesn't matter. i'm just not sure how i'll hold up even if i do go out. im hoping ill find some energy and they'll start the dancing at a decent hour and i'll just get swept up in the music. fingers crossed.

qotd 29 (almost done!)
what is your favorite book?
well, this isn't hard for me because as i've admitted before i'm not a big reader. i think my favorite book is Wicked. although i did absolutely love tina fey's book Bossypants. I really enjoyed it because it was hysterical and i guess it kind of reminded me of reading blogs. i should look into reading books by more comedians.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe we're a day apart on our pregnancies. I'm 5 weeks 2 days today. I'm glad you're reassured about the spotting and I trust that everything will be fine... for both of us... so that in January of next year, we'll be able to celebrate our awesome kids together :)

    ReplyDelete