Tuesday, September 11, 2012

actively potty training

first things first, sofia's 2nd birthday party was a success. despite crazy weather in the neighborhood, the weather an hour away where we had her party was fine. due to this we lost a few guests, but we still had a great turn out. i was ready to shoot people as they were all text bombing me in the early hours of the day "so sorry about the weather" "poor sofia" and my parents calling multiple times to offer to host the party in the basement of their 2 family house, and i just kept telling them all, we're already out here, and the weather is fine. make the drive if you want to party, if not, stay home and stay dry. we thought that we might get some of the weather (crazy rain downpours with tornado touch downs in queens -where we live in nyc, and brooklyn) later in the day, but we were able to miss it somehow. sofia was happy, her guests were happy, and we were happy. the next day sofia decided that she was ready to start going peepees on the potty. we always ask her if she'd like to, but she usually says no. something clicked with her on sunday and we're trying to ride it as much as we can. yesterday i dropped her off at my moms for a few hours to get to my two cardiac appts and i asked her to stay home and try to keep the potty training going. i got a text an hour after i left saying that sofia did some peeps. great, shes actually going to do what i asked her(my mother) to do, amazing. needless to say when i returned a few hours later, my mom let me know that they had walked (w/sofia in the stroller) the neighborhood and hit up the bank, the post office, the shoe store for new sneakers, and the restaurant my sister works in. which means that sofia was in a diaper for oh, probably at least half of their day together. thanks mom. anyway, today sofia and i will be staying home and just working on playing and potty-ing. so far i love potty training, because sofia is pretty good at making it to the potty, and she has the cutest bottom in the world. i wish i could post a picture of it on here, but wont for obvious reasons. like it literally is the cutest goulie (italian-ish word we use for butt, i have no idea if that is spelled accurately) i have ever seen.

so i had my ekg and echocardiogram yesterday. i dont get the results for like a week but im glad the tests are over. the ekg is super fast. the echo, not so much. the test was about a half hour, and not very comfortable. the tech basically had to pretty much do her best to bruise my ribs with the transducer to get the right shots of my heart. and i love(sarcasm) holding my boob(s) out of the way for tests like this. it always feels odd when someone says "please hold your breast up" but its way less awkward than them handling my breast. i thought the positioning of the test was really interesting. i had to lay on my left side and basically tilt the right side of my body forward so that i was almost rolling myself off of the table but not. needless to say, i was glad when she said she was done.

headed to work in the afternoon. 3 of 4 showed up, i was happy with that. when i got home and ate dinner, baby went crazy! it was awesome! not sure what the trigger was, maybe red wine vinegar on my salad but baby went nuts! i was able to stand in front of lovedove so she could feel some good kicks and i was so happy to share it with her. she's been wanting to feel baby more, but baby hasn't been cooperating that much lately.

i have my fetal echo on thursday and im pretty anxious about it. AND i have to go to that appt alone. no fun. whatever, ill get through it. trying not to lose my shit over it. i hope baby cooperates with the tech.

today is 9/11. i remember that day, and the following days i spent glued to the tv, like it was last week.  i was 17 and in calculus class when the announcement came over the loud speaker that a plane had crashed into the first tower. i could see the tower burning from one of the hallway windows on the 2nd floor of our school. my sister was 14, it was her first day of high school. my dad picked the both of us up from our respective high schools. she was waiting for me in the lobby of my school (he picked her up first) and she looked like she was so scared that she might melt into my arms when i hugged her. the ride home was usually 10-15 minutes, it took almost 2 hours. lovedove was all the way across the country in college, we spent hours trying to get in touch with each other, the phone lines were ridiculous. my mother told us we were all going to die, thanks mom. complete chaos. absolute fear. crazy sadness. we're so far from that day now, its all so strange. the street we live on is named after a neighbor who died on that day. his parents live on our corner and keep his pictures in the windows for the neighborhood to see. i didn't know him, but luckily for me, he is the only person that i am connected to in any way that passed on that day. hope you are resting in peace Michael A. Marti.

wishing everyone peace today and everyday. lets not forget that our bad days/bad luck are nothing in the grand scheme of things. thank you self, point taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment