Monday, November 26, 2012

freshie

this was my nickname as a toddler, along with sand monster, and "nickyface" (i look just like my dad and always have). little blueberry growing inside of me is also a freshie, stubborn little miss, but like my grandma says in her brooklyn italian/sicilian accent "better to be fresh than stale".

i sat in the waiting room for my nst and sono appt today and saw good ol' jane. i waited for her to grab my chart and call me in, but she didn't. i was taken to the other side of the office, the side where all of the "good" (3d/4d capable) sono machines are. i had an experienced sonogram tech and politely begged for her to try to get a face shot of the babe after she had what she needed. she kindly obliged and tried for a few minutes to get me the picture(s) i've been drooling for. however, it was not to be, at least not today. she said baby had both of her hands in front of her face, and each time she tried to grab a good pic, she wasn't able to. i totally couldn't see anything the few times she tried to clear up the 3d/4d picture. she had me flip a few times, but baby would not take her hands away from her mouth.

oh well, today was not the day for that, but even if i don't get a good picture of her while she's in utero, i'll just be super happy when she arrives and i get to see her face. maybe she wants to surprise us?? who knows, silly little girl.

today's report was the same as it tends to be lately, "everything looks good, you can head home". blood pressure continues to be just slightly under 110/70 so i'm very happy with that. hoping we can keep it down throughout. sugar control is still good, but its getting a little harder each day. supposedly your insulin needs tend to level off around 34 weeks, im curious to see if i fall into that.

my mom took sof to her playgroup today and said all went well. im relieved bc playgroup is going to fall on her for the next bunch of weeks due to the sonos. working on only allowing my anxiety to get the best of me in terms of things i can control, bc right now im starting to have a bit of anxiety over how i'll handle 2 kids on my own for the first few weeks. don't know why im worrying about that now, when we have much larger hurdles to hop before we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment