Saturday, January 5, 2013

the last 24 hours

they've been quite interesting. i must have overdone it on the insulin yesterday morning, and had a hard time keeping my sugar up for a bit, which of course sent me into a panicked tailspin where i think my placenta is failing and i call my dr's office to see if i should come in for a sono. long story short, i call the sono office, speak to a nurse, who consults a dr, and she says she'll page my dr. cue panic. my doctor calls within about 10 mins and says come in for an amnio and we'll deliver the baby. i'm like.. woah woah woah, all this coming from the lady who i could not persuade to move my induction up a few days just 2 days ago. i suggested that maybe i just overdid it with the insulin. she agrees to let me see how the day goes and asks that i call her back by 5pm.

i feel like shit all day, nausea and fatigue though i run errands with Sofia and a very helpful friend, and by 2pm my stomach starts to be upset, unexpectedly. sugar comes back up throughout the day so i call my dr and tell her i think all is well. she tells me to come in for an amnio on monday and says we'll go from there. she doesn't want to sit on a situation where i'm feeling anxious and noticing decreased insulin needs. fine by me. at 4:30 i vomit violently, which was interesting since i can't remember the last time i vomited. it sucked, but the nausea went away after that. the frequent trips to the bathroom continued throughout the night so i slept like crap. i rested a lot last night and this morning, but it has not been that rejuvenating. i think this is all some quick 12ish hour stomach bug, lovedove isn't convinced its not the start of labor, but i haven't had any real contractions so i think, at least at this point, that i'm right.

because i wasn't able to keep anything in my body since 1pm yesterday, baby's movement was minimal this morning. she was fine but lazy last night, but made me really anxious this morning. throughout today i've able to get down and retain some saltines, OJ, and 2 english muffins, since the muffins she's been better. im so thankful. i'm aware that type 1 diabetic moms like myself are at some increased risk of stillbirth so of course that was creating havoc in my mind when she was not moving much.

so anyway, thats that. it was too crazy not to post. i'm hoping the next time i post it will be about her arrival. i'm not sure what to expect on monday. lovedove is coming with me. my appt is at 9, i have to be there at 8. i'm not really worried about the amnio, i think i'm just unsure of what kind of emotions i'll have if/when they say "ok her lungs are ready, lets get you going". i'm happy she'll be here sooner than later, i'm tired of being a nervous wreck about monitoring her when i cant actually see and hold her.

so.. we'll see what happens from here... wish me luck! (<--- you don't have to, but cross your fingers)

3 comments:

  1. That's all a bit yuck and stressful. I hope these symptoms are either a bug or things getting ready to move and nothing to do with the placenta. I have no doubt baby girl's lungs will be ready to rock at this amnio so good luck with whatever comes next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a potential change of events! Scary as hell with your symptoms, but glad that your doc is taking everything seriously and that you may get to meet your little one sooner rather than later! Will be checking in tomorrow to see what's up! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will wish you luck for sure! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete