Saturday, August 18, 2012

18w2d

well i am on vacation but felt like posting bc i didn't want to skip a week in terms of posting and i cant make any guarantees on when ill post again.

pregnancy updates... um... some but not that much. think that i have felt baby girl 2-3 times so far (totally impatiently wishing it was more) but only when i am lying down, super tired, in silence, and in the dark. that's how empty headed i need to be to feel anything at this point. lovedove asked me how it felt, and i think i said it felt like someone had poked a water balloon in my belly, but from the inside. then my brain took over and said... well, thats pretty much exactly what is going on, and i found that funny.

the day after we took our flight out here, i got a minor nose bleed. that was interesting and fine.

and i finally took a bump pic. i wish i could look at it and just think "ok this is what i look like at 18 weeks pregnant" but yet i find myself googling other women's 18w pics and comparing. i need to stop comparing.  i also need to stop holding my stomach in. im still doing it. so the pictures i took are with me consciously making an effort not to hold my belly in. this is the one i like the most so far.


so there it is. me, my humongous boobs (that are still sensitive, hurt frequently, and i suspect are slowly getting bigger.. ugh), the 18 week belly, and big-sister-to-be Sofia in our hotel room. (yes she is sleeping in a pack and play. by the grace of God she hasn't figured out how simple it would be for her to climb out of this, or her crib)

and thats about it. im reading along everyday and hoping everyone is feeling great!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a great little bump you've got going on! And a cute shot with Sofia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS PICTURE! Love love love love. And love you guys. <3

    ReplyDelete