Friday, August 24, 2012

19w2d

so we're back from vacation, back in real world land and as much as im happy to be home, i miss being vacation relaxed. most of vacation was completely amazing, until we got an automated phone call from our airline less than 6 hours before our scheduled departure, to let us know that they had cancelled our flight. they offered us a flight home the next night at the same time, but it was not a non stop flight. i called the airline and demanded to be put on the flight, leaving one airport over, at the same time. i explained that we were travelling with a toddler, needed 2 seats together, and was 5 months pregnant. they could probably sense the fury in my voice over the whole thing and complied with my requests, a wise choice. we landed the next morning (it was a red eye with the loudest snoring man i have ever encountered on a plane) and i was thrilled to be home and get a million kisses from the dog. i did get a little homesick about halfway through the trip, but we really had so much fun.

pregnancy news, not much as usual. i think that i have felt the baby a few times, here or there, usually at night or in the morning, but there was a good week where i didnt feel anything at all so i got kind of nervous. i think i started feeling her again a few nights ago so im trying to stay calm. i just want to feel more and more already. im so impatient. my boobs have been killing me with sharp stabby pains, and sometimes a throbbing sensation much like Lex has described. ive had a few, omg i just sneezed and peed (a little) on myself moments, those are fun, so ive begun to get on top of the kegals i should be doing. im starting to feel pretty constant pressure as the belly bump grows, which has me thinking that ill carry really low and be pretty uncomfy from here on out. i hope that i just get used to it and it doesnt bother me that much.

i was at a local outdoor mall today and fell over an uneven sidewalk. i didn't get hurt, as i fell fwd and just put my hands out so i only scraped my palms and there was no belly/sidewalk contact but it made me super angry. this is pretty much the position i wound up in, but clearly spastically and falling down, but what if i was completely uncoordinated and had fallen on my stomach? i talked to the security guy walking around and bitched about how they should paint that so people dont fall. i was pretty calm. i waited until after i had eaten to speak to them about it knowing id be much calmer. oh, and i broke my favorite flip flops while falling. at least its the end of the summer, maybe ill be able to find a similar pair on clearance somewhere.

sofia will be 2 in about a week and i half cant believe it and im half thrilled. she's starting to become a little kid, its totally crazy. shes starting to put words together to make mini sentences which is blowing my mind. lately she is teething (again) and has been tired and not 100% herself. she was pretty much asleep last night when we got home from dinner with my parents, and i was changing her diaper and asked her if she wanted to go "night night". she said "bottle first" and i almost fell to the floor. i've been trying to implement "first.... then" sentences so that she understands that kind of thing so i was completely amazed. shes like a sponge, so im totally making an effort to curb any adult language that might slip out around her.

so thats that. next week is my last summer schedule week at work (boo) but im kind of looking fwd to being back in the normal routine. our family functions much better on a regular schedule, we eat better, we all sleep better.

oh, one thing that has been making me want to punch people. to date, i may have had 1, tiny (i do mean tiny) glass of wine since april. yet i have been taking one sip out of other people's drinks from time to time. every person that has never been pregnant before, tries to flip on me when i do that. and then i flip on them. minorly, but i can not take the judgement. if one sip of alcohol every once in a while was something that i believed would hurt the baby growing inside of me, clearly i would not do it, but i feel like its no big deal. its a sip. leave me alone! arg!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were okay after the fall! In terms of drinking, as I'm sure you know from parenting already, folks will always have something to say (and it starts in pregnancy). I had the opposite issue; I refused to drink and my family would tell me "a sip isn't going to hurt anything!" and while I believe that to be true, I was making my own choice. You can't win :)

    ReplyDelete