Saturday, November 10, 2012

Liebster (completed/part 2)

Ok, i have a few minutes to actually devote my attention to this so here goes. First i'll answer the questions asked of me - im trying to figure out which ones to answer, since i was asked 2 sets, i might just pick my favorites and mix them up. here goes...

1. (from Meela) Favorite Christmas tradition?

My personal favorite Christmas tradition in my family is when my dad breaks out his guitar and we all begrudgingly take a slip of paper out of a gift bag in order to figure out who gets what part in the 12 days of Christmas. It's always a semi-tone deaf rendition, but it's always hysterical and i treasure Christmases when my Uncle Joe (who is in his upper 80s, the one who got married when i was about 8 weeks in) is able to make the drive from PA, so that he can sing the part of 5 golden rings. No one does it quite like him.

2. (from Meela) Worst gift you've ever been given?

has to be this weird item that we couldn't identify that was given to us as a wedding present, from someone who i knew practically my entire life, and is coincidentally no longer a friend lol. it seemed like it might be a ceramic vase of some sort, but it had holes throughout, and a top. it was similar to this, but had a top, and was wayyyyy uglier. one night we got drunk (because all we did the summer after we got married was party, it was a glorious time) and smashed it in the walkway on the side of our house. we cleaned it up the next day.


3. (from Mamma V.) Something you cant live without.

My insulin. literally. on a less serious note, chocolate.

4. (from Mamma V.) If given the ability to change one thing in this world what would you choose?

Honestly, probably money, or the concept of it. It is way too important in this world and too many of us struggle to earn so little of it and the people who have it don't give a shit about the people who dont. I think it makes the world uglier than it needs to be. this is a vague answer but money bothers me, and not just bc i dont have a ton of it, just because of what it does to people and their minds.

5. (from Meela) Something I'm proud of.

I'm really proud of my accomplishments. I've always been a planner and i am pretty passionate about the things i want to accomplish in my life. I knew i wanted to go to college, become a lifeguard, have a family, become a social worker, be a good mom, become a bio-mom, etc. So far i've been able to accomplish most of the things on that list and I'm proud of that. I'm glad that my words have weight when i talk about my plans for my life, and significant others in my life have mentioned that they see the follow through once i set my mind to something. So ultimately i guess i'm proud of myself. that sounds pretty snobby, but i am. i know that i worked hard for all of those things.

6. (from Meela) Worst habit.

um, refusing to do kegals. sneezing continues to be a challenge for my undergarments. lovedove laughs at me when i admit to her when my sneezes get the best of me, and keeps telling me to just start doing them, but im such a slacker. ugh, i know im going to continue to pay for that, whatever.

7. (from Mamma V.) Any regrets in life?

i thought about this for a bit, and i like to think that i dont have many, if any, but i will admit that i made some poor-ish choices in my friendships and young/short-lived dating life. i know that i have wasted too much of my time and effort in the past, allowing my heart to hurt longer than it needed to when i have lost friends. i have tried in the past to hold on to friendships for far too long and i hope that i've learned from that part of my life and its over. also, i hurt lovedove quite a bit unnecessarily early on, but i was sowing some very minor wild oats. not that it excuses anything, but they were very minor oats and it was only for a very limited time.

8. (from Mamma V.) Best trait/worst trait.

I'm generous.

I'm a scatterbrain (as you know from my posts)/severe procrastinator/struggle with sequence of events (my kindergarten teacher wrote it on my first report card).

9. (from Meela) A food i dont like.

This is a real challenge because there aren't many. Fennel.

10. (from Mamma V.) 3 people i'd love to have dinner with, living or dead.

amy winehouse, to thank her for her music.
president obama, to thank him for his respect.
my grandma, because i'd love to see her one more time.

11. (from Meela) Favorite jelly bean.

Margarita Jel.ly Bel.ly.


done! and the nominees are....................(i know some of you have already been nominated, please just take the compliment and dont feel like you need to answer more questions if you're not in the mood to)

1. Little One Still to Come - Meela feels like a friend I've known for a long time from her posts. Her family lives in Australia and already consists of 2 mommies, 2 daughters, and a few fur babies. They're trying to add one more to the mix!
2. Mamma V. - An Italian mom on her way to becoming a bio mom, with a toddler almost the same age as Sofia.
3. Crazy Lesbian Mom - I've been reading this blog since I started "stalking" bloggers and now we're pretty much side by side in our pregnancies. She's wonderful and honest and uncensored (as all of my nominees are) about her ttc process and life in general.
4. Our Road to Motherhood - Another lesbian couple with fur baby children, on their ttc journey.
5. Breathe, Dragon! - Ruby and Rose chronicle their attempts for baby number 2 after being successful in their quest for their first.
6. Two Girls' Path to Parenthood - Married California ladies who are already moms to their almost 3 year old, let us follow them through their path to baby #2.
7. Delightful Insanity - very busy lady Amanda tells us all about her pet parenting and her ttc hopes.
8. Love Shack Baby - Philly couple working their way through life and heading towards parenthood with honest emotion and fur babies of course!
9. The Hetero-Lesbian Translation Guide to Pregnancy - One Hopefully Preggo Lesbo writes about being a married lady in New Hampshire and the frustrations of ttc.
10. Opening the Door - Another blog i have been following forever. They recently welcomed their first baby girl and all are doing great!
11. The Cornfed Feminist - An Iowa native who traveled a long road to pregnancy, chronicled her pregnancy in hilarious detail, and just entered the world of motherhood. Huge congrats!

Phew. Now I have a date with Sofia in the (soon to be) girls' room to play Play-Doh.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. The Christmas tradition sounds great... and maybe embarrassing if you sing like I do.

    Thanks for the nomination - question: do I answer those questions?

    So excited that you're getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um, yea LOL i guess i was supposed to tell you to answer these questions bc i dont have enough brain power to come up with a list of new questions. so go ahead and take a crack at these!

      im super excited too, i feel every day of it, but it seems to go fast somehow. its strange, i cant wait till she's here!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination! :-)
    I'm glad someone else asked what we are supposed to do, cause I was a little unsure myself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, ladies im really sorry that i did such a bad job in explaining what needs to be done. my brain is super fried lately. i hope it didn't make the nom feel less special, i really do love all of your blogs!

      please just answer the questions that i answered, and then nominate other blogs to pass on the award. sorry i did a phenomenally bad job at explaining that.

      Delete