Monday, December 10, 2012

34w1d

today's nst and sono were fine as usual. thank goodness, i cant imagine if a doctor actually wanted to speak with me at the end of my visit. half of the time the doctors don't even see me personally, they just send the tech back to tell me everything is fine. my mom was all "if everything is fine, why do you have to go so often"... "because im a diabetic Mom, and if theres an issue they want to know about it right away"... makes sense no? oh mom. oh so i was going to say that my blood pressure has been really good during this pregnancy so at this point i don't really have any worries about pre-eclampsia. i think my highest reading was 120/80 and that was on the day i had to pick up the rental when my car got hit for the 2nd time. since then its been pretty steady at or just under 110/70. 

did i ever mention the non stress test lady Gina? her name is pronounced gee(like the gee sound in geese)-na,  so at first when i would go in for my appts, i always wanted to call her GIna, bc i knew her name was spelled regularly, but pronounced differently, and of course my brain prounounces it GIna (like va-GI-na) and every time i had to work really hard to make sure it didn't come out of my mouth like that. thankfully im used to it now. anyway, Gina has been kind of absent minded lately. last thurs she hooked me up to the monitor and forgot to give me the little clicker thing (like a jeopardy buzz-er in-er) that i have to push when i feel baby move. when she left the room i asked one of the other attending techs to give it to me so she wouldnt feel bad that she forgot. then today she forgot to take my blood pressure, which i dont care about because im sure its fine, but after she had hooked me up to the monitor, she forgot to push my curtain back so that i could watch tv. so when she left i used my foot to pull the curtain back and i happily watched a small portion of the view. come on Gina get with it! lol. they're all very nice women, im not actually irritated by any of this, i just thought it was funny and that i'd share.

in other funny news, saturday was the first day that lovedove and i had done any extended walking, and she commented on my waddling. i've asked her not to comment again as the pelvic pressure/pain i have every few days is no fun, and on those days i feel pressure with every step i take. but i was kind of amused that she  commented on my waddling, but also a little sensitive about it. 

um, so thats about it. i have a lunch date with a long time friend tomorrow who (now) lives in Spain so i'm wondering what kind of comments she'll have about my size, waddling, etc, but im really looking forward to it. 

here's two pics from the weekend that make me smile, so maybe they'll make you smile too. 



2 comments:

  1. Very cute photos and glad things are going so well. My wife admitted today that I was waddling. I kindly told her that I was not waddling... it was my pregnant swagger. It's all about headspace ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg i love this. ill own it. i've got preggo swag too. hope you're feeling as good as you can!

      Delete