Friday, July 20, 2012

14w2d

not much news to report. i guess im officially in the second trimester, but there haven't been many changes since hitting that mark. im still nauseous here and there, my boobs are still pretty sore although there may have been a small improvement in that area. im still not "showing" but my bottom half clothes no longer button or zip. i did hit up a maternity store to purchase new bras and some maternity shorts. my bras were a 40F, which is a letter i hardly ever want to see in my life. not on my children's future report cards, and not in my bra sizes. i guess i should just pray that that there aren't two F's in my bra size at any point in the future.

im anxiously waiting for that "burst of energy" everyone claims to have in the second trimester. Not sure if it hasn't shown up due to the crazy heat waves we've been experiencing in nyc, or if its because sofia is almost 2, or if its just not in the cards for me. whatever, ill keep waiting.

speaking of being anxious, im starting to get that weird anxiety that i think a lot of women who had trouble ttc get during the waits in between dr visits and sonos. i kind of wish i had a doppler so that i could try to calm my nerves by finding baby's heart beat, but im sure that would give me more anxiety than comfort as im sure id struggle to find it each time. this is the reason i can not wait to be able to feel baby move. i feel like that will provide me with a little bit more comfort. before we leave the anxiety topic, the dog has been on a friggin hunger strike and i think its all anxiety. we have insane neighbors upstairs with an unruly 4 year old and an unruly dog, and i think that has a lot to do with it. we've gotten her crap food, she wont eat much of her regular high quality food, its very annoying. i just want her to go back to normal and put back any weight she's lost. not to mention that we are going on a 5 day vacation with my side of the family in 10 days, and the dog is staying with her other grandma. shes such a high maintenance dog already, i dont want to add "refuses to eat" onto the list. oh disa, you're a weirdo.

i guess ive been in a little bit of a funk lately, lovedove says ive been quite miserable, which i often disagree with, but there is a lot going on in our lives right now, as always. hoping that my cousins wedding, and our two upcoming vacations can help to get some more smiles on this mug of mine. after the first vacation, i have 2 dr appts (one sono and one dr visit), and then we head out to california for the vacation with lovedove's side of the family. once we get back, the summer is pretty much over, and by then i should be 18 weeks.

deeply saddened by the loss for and baby makes 3...hopefully, and the mass shooting at the movies last night. this world is f'd up, i wish there was some way to explain the horrible things that happen. so sorry for all of the losses.

lovedove and sofia are baking cookies (sofia's first confectionary expedition) and i cant wait. the heat wave broke yesterday and we have temps in the 70s today which is AMAZING, so i wont mind having the oven on temporarily.

wishing everyone a happy weekend and days of feeling good.

4 comments:

  1. I was really sad to read "baby makes 3"s most recent post too. I wanted to send them a comment on their blog but unfortunately wordpress won't let me. Anyway it's terrible and my heart really goes out to them. Glad to hear you are traveling ok with everything in your camp though. I hope you finally get that lift in energy you need and your dog finds her appetite :). And I look forward to hearing all about ur next sono!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know i went to comment on their post as well, but i kind of refuse to "log in" to leave a comment. im hoping things continue to be uneventful for me, and im hoping things get more eventful for you ladies on your next try. hope all is well :o)

      Delete
  2. So glad to come across your blog today. I was looking for more 2 mommy families and yours is so precious to read about! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can cope okay with the anxiety and things get a little better soon. I'm having the same issues "in between" appointments and just wrote a post about wanting to buy a Doppler. Also looking forward to the baby-moving stuff. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete