Friday, September 28, 2012

6 months

according to me, im 24w2d today. i feel like things are really starting to hit me. my belly is getting more obviously noticeable as a prego belly, a few people have told me that i've popped lately, and i can feel baby like crazy. its awesome, i love it, and it is kind of strange at the same time. in the last week i've had some pressure in my lower abdomen, some pain in my pubic bone, and some round ligament pain. not very comfortable, but usually it goes away even though it is often prolonged. i'm definitely starting to waddle a little. i'm also starting to realize that i cant run myself ragged all day before i have to head off to work at 4pm. these last few days i've been on the go in a non stop way, and im getting to work and wishing all of my clients would cancel so that i would be able to put my head on my desk and sleep. clearly i dont actually want that to happen because then my paycheck would be a whopping $0, but sometimes its very difficult to stay awake engaged (on a serious note i've never even come close to falling asleep on any client lol).

things that make me feel like a moron lately: my brain doesnt work, and i'm always so amazed at how pregnancy feels. let me start by elaborating on times when my brain doesn't work. i tried to spell the word brownies to lovedove the other day because i didn't want Sofia to know that i was planning on making them and i left out the W. i referred to my first trimester as my first semester. i've had more "duh" moments than i can recall. maybe memory loss should be added to the my-brain-doesnt-work category.

moving on to being amazed at how pregnancy feels. its really really interesting. i have had an obsession with prego bellies in the past and was all over lovedove's during her pregnancy, but i only thought about what it felt like from the outside. i never thought about what it would feel like when baby is moving around/kicking inside of your body. i'm amazed at how strong the kicks are getting (for only being 6 months) and that its not like little pokes anymore. i'm definitely beginning to be able to feel some of her stronger movements from the outside if my hand is on my belly, which leads me to believe that its probably almost time to start to let people try to feel her movements. i'm kind of having mixed feelings about that. my mom has already tried to feel baby and that just made me feel awkward. i also remember waiting and waiting and waiting for the little one to kick when i would try to feel sofia, so i think im kind of making my own standards for belly sharing kind of high. i want her to be kicking hard enough/moving around drastically enough that people will get a guaranteed feel and she has to be in the right spot so that no ones hands are too low on my belly. i also feel a little awkward about people touching my belly bc its always been my chubbiest body area, and there is still a moderate layer of chub on the belly which probably muffles baby's movements to outside hands. whatever i need to get over it and just enjoy. if i had a dollar for everytime i said that....

a friend asked what pregnancy felt like the other day. i pointed to one of sofia's soccer sized outside play balls, and told her that ball, in my belly, filled with jell-o pudding with a mini baby inside. speaking of pudding, im all about sweets. i couldn't care less about spicy. just give me sugar. as a result i've gained 12 lbs already. im going to need to get a little more active because i dont really want to gain more than like 20lbs in total. i guess i could stretch it to 25 and i'd be ok, but im bigger to begin with so i dont think im supposed to put on any more than that. speaking of weight, i feel like i have no idea what my body used to look like. the change has been so gradual, i don't really notice from day to day, but im certainly bigger every week. though i did see some guy friends at a birthday party on saturday that told me how great i looked and that i "didnt even look pregnant". i think some people associate "looking pregnant" with looking like crap, why is that?

anyway its almost breakfast time. im going to do my best to post the pictures i "owe" this weekend i feel like that is on my to-do list and i'd like to scratch it off.

happy (almost the) weekend ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment