Thursday, September 20, 2012

nothing much to say for a too early post

im just up too early, and i praying this is not the beginning of pregnancy insomnia. i got up a few minutes before 6 because my cgm was claiming (by buzzing) that my blood sugar was over 160, which made my brain quickly go into a panic. i checked and i was at 121, which is higher than i prefer to sleep at, between 70-90 is pretty much ideal, but it wasnt as bad as being high. however, at that point in the morning lovedove's alarm is going off every 10 minutes, and for some reason today i just really didn't have much of a chance of getting back to sleep. Sofia sometimes lets me/us stay in bed until 8ish which is absolutely heavenly, but she is a pretty light sleeper once the morning hits, so lovedove's morning routine has been waking her up a little before 7 on most school days. i know its probably annoying to hear a part time stay at home mom bitch about waking up early, since i dont have a job that starts in the morning, but sometimes i feel that makes it harder for me to deal with. my brain says, why the hell are we up, we dont have any where to be crazy little lady, go back to bed! but i guess its the lure of ses.ame street at 7am.

speaking of ses.ame street, i love this show. i find it quite entertaining while being educational and funny, but i feel like they air the same 4 episodes over and over. is this not the show that has been on for a billion years and has thousands of episodes? i understand that they only have so many "new ones" but for fucks sake, i've seen a few of the episodes like 40 times, and i'm pretty sure there's no exaggeration there. im so tired of watching the same episodes. AND i havent watched the show routinely in like 4 months. how is it possible that they havent added new ones into the mix? in any case, sofia enjoys it regardless, and at least once a day she sings "sunny days, sunny days". im trying to help her work on the rest of the song, but the first two words she's got down pretty well. my favorite ses.ame street song is Murry has a little lamb. its an awesome little rap and im proud to know all the words and perform it well.

um what else... last week when i put my cgm on my upper stomach (right under my ribs) the following day it started bleeding like crazy which never happens. when i took it off i found a crazy little bruise which has also never happened before. i figure its just due to my changing belly and less available chub in that area. luckily for me i've read on a few sites that other prego women use their sides/"love handle: area (btw, what genius man came up with that phrase??), and that's precisely what i did and so far so good. there was almost no pain with the insertion, whereas more often than i'd like its somewhat uncomfortable on my stomach. i put it on my left side myself, but will probably need lovedove to help me put it on my right side. that will be the first time she will help me with my dexcom cgm site. here's a quick video of a much thinner lady putting hers on/which may help to show why it would be difficult for me to try to put it on my right side as a rightie. i may also have to use the backs of my arms, but i typically like to reserve my arms for my pod sites. i swear one day ill post all of the pictures i've sworn to post in the past, but that might take some researching to figure out what i owe lol.

i had my regular endo appt yesterday and mentioned to her that my ob said she was worried about my heart. she gave a listen, and said that she could hear a really tiny murmur, but that she would consider that "normal" for a pregnant woman. so that kind of calmed me, but not really. im assuming that im not the only pregnant woman that my dr's has sent for an ekg and an echo, so what made my results stand out so much to her? whatever, i'll see her next week and try not to freak out in the mean time.

so today (according to me and my internet/ivd due date calculator tool) im 23w1d and according to my medical professional ob, i'll be 23w this coming sunday. ill take it. i'm very very happy about getting very close to the point of potential viability outside of the womb in an emergency situation. im just thankful that there haven't been any bumps with her so far. kicks and punches yes, and im loving every second, but she doesn't seem to know anything about all of the medical issues her momma has had to face already, so i dont think she thinks twice about beating me up. its fine. i totally love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment