Sunday, September 30, 2012

24w without a doubt

today im 24 weeks according to my ob's calculation. thankful beyond thankful that things are still going pretty well. everyone keeps asking me how i feel, and overall i feel pretty darn good. i cant really complain, but you guys know i do most of my complaining here, so im actually usually way  better than i sound from what i type, at least i think so. the only thing that is probably super accurate is how irritable/mean i am sometimes. not a fan of it, but whatevs, hopefully its temporary.

i feel somewhat comforted that we've hit the viability mark, i hope it makes me feel a little less anxious. im still pretty much a nervous wreck, though feeling her often does help to lower my anxiety. but then if i dont feel her for a while i get a little anxious again, i just try to tell myself i was probably too busy to notice her little movements because sometimes thats true. anyway....

took some pics....

a little blurry and i had to cut sofia out bc we're still sensitive
about having her face on here, though that seems silly bc
shes all over our fb pages. silly mommies. whatever.
this is pretty much me, everyday. hair in a ponytail, looking exhausted.


24w1d self shot (i feel like the belly looks small in this one)

this is my Dexcom CGM, freshly put on. lasts for about a week or
until the adhesive wears off and it pretty much falls off.
seen here on my left hip/lovehandle area

this is my Omnipod insulin pump, on my back, lower left side


here's the full side shot, i usually dont wear them that close
together but sometimes moving sites around gets tricky.
there's sofia in the background

um, a few other things before i end this one.

twice, thats right twice, this week i made myself this: a turkey burger, bbq sauce, sliced pickes, macaroni and cheese, and a sliced turkey dog, all on one toasted bun. LOVED IT.

i pretty much ate a box of ring dings myself this week. my sweet tooth is out of control, luckily i have plenty of insulin lol.

i've gained 12 lbs so far, which i cant remember if i've mentioned. i'm trying not to pay too much attention to the weight gain, because it is by far the absolute least of my worries. i've crossed the 200lb threshold but i totally dont care. just hoping i dont blow up bc im pretty sure i gained next to no weight in the first trimester and i feel like any weight i've packed on has been in the last 3 months.

sofia's vocab is out of control. she's learning new words every day and its totally insane. although she refers to doggies as "yoggies" dont ask me how or why. she can definately make the d sound, some kind of ron burgandy pronunciation disorder i guess. she regularly makes 2 and 3 word sentences, which is mind blowing to me. in potty news, she's doing great. getting used to pooping on the real potty, which is lovely bc we do not have to transfer poop from one potty to the other. on the other side of the coin, shes starting to throw things, getting a little bit more of a "terrible" attitude here and there, and sometimes she tantrums to try to avoid going potty. its all good though. wouldn't change a thing about her.

basketball for the NYCGBL started yesterday. we went to watch our friends play in a few games and im already thinking about my return to the league in the spring (hopefully). it was just so nice to see people in our community again since we never go out to any gay bars. we were happy to spread the pregnancy news and there were a few shocked faces but all of them seemed happy. i miss sports so badly, you have no idea. speaking of sports, the (NY) Jets are playing today, and they're my team. yes they suck. i've found that my favorite thing to do is drink cans of seltzer while i watch the games. mimics my first beer love (thats over now unless its some kind of really "classy" occasion,but who am i kidding i love some crappy beers sometimes) coors.light pretty well and it makes me feel like im drinking a beer. as beer is the only thing ive ever drank out of a can (i've never been a soda drinker). sorry that paragraph was really parenthesis heavy.

anyway i think thats it. have a lovely sunday ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I meant to comment on this post ages ago but got distracted. Great bump shot! I am completely fascinated by seeing people's bumps grow so thanks for posting it :) It's also interesting to see your pump and cgm. Does your insurance pay for your cgm sensors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes fortunately for us im covered under lovedove's insurance, and her insurance is/has been great with covering my diabetes supplies and elecetronics. i pay several copays a month but am very thankful to have coverage. i had to fight the insurance company for about a year for coverage of the cgm though.

      Delete