Monday, October 8, 2012

"accomplishments"

accomplishment #1. i shaved my legs on friday. yes, this qualifies as an accomplishment. not because i'm so big that i can't bend anymore, just because i haven't wanted to/been able to dedicate myself to actually shaving my legs in quite a while. really the only reason i wound up doing it was because i have a sonogram on wednesday and i think they might do a cervical length check with the transvaginal wand thing and i would feel bad if the tech/dr realized i had let my legs become bear legs. i was going to give a go at waxing them, but i half chickened out and half didn't have the energy to actually find a waxing kit. i was going to have a wax my legs party and invite a few friends (that i didn't think would be repulsed by my leg hair/wouldnt care if they were drunk/might get a good laugh out of me dealing with waxing pain lol) to come over and help, since i can't embark in many other thrilling adult activities (aka alcohol consumption). clearly i that didn't happen, but i've got a whole 3 months left. maybe it will make for an interesting friday night before baby gets here.

accomplishment #2. i've been able to sneeze for a few days without peeing on myself, i'm not sure why. i've been struggling with that pretty badly for the last few weeks. im kind of too lazy to do kegals. whatever im sure ill pay for that in the end. hopefully i can birth this baby vaginally anyway despite my laziness with kegals and i wont have to blame myself if her delivery comes to a c section bc my labor isns't progressing due to my weak pelvic floor muscles.

thrilled to read that baby boy may be making his debut soon over at Lezbemoms. hoping things to well and he's happy and healthy when he arrives.

i'm trying to think of more accomplishments but they seem to be few and far between these days. maybe i'll be able to add vacuuming the apt this week to the list. we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I felt like I didn't have many accomplishments during pregnancy, I would remind myself (and C and anyone who would listen) that I WAS GROWING A PERSON. Which means pretty much every halfway health action is an accomplishment as you work to sustain that little person :)

    ReplyDelete