Thursday, October 4, 2012

thank God its thursday

thursdays are my fridays, the last day of my work week. between the baby girl growing in my belly and the not so baby girl who just turned 2 im beat. by the time its 4pm and time for me to start my work day, all i want to do is put my head on my desk and sleep. sofia had a tough day today, maybe she's teething again? she was up at 7am and we barely made it through storytime at the library from 11:15-11:45. we got home, she fought me on a nap, but eventually exhausted herself after being held for a few minutes. thank god.

yesterday was my cardiology appt. the doctor was awesome and super thorough just as my ob had said. he said that what probably caused my "abnormal" results was a previously undiagnosed atrial septal defect (asd). though the link says it isn't common, the dr said that this occurs in about 20% of people, and when there are no symptoms, that it is most likely a very small opening, and isn't likely to cause major problems until much later in life. he said that my heart sounded very strong and he didn't hear anything that he was concerned about. he gave me the green light to go ahead with a vaginal birth. this was all music to my ears. he was awesome, another reason i'm completely happy that i made the switch from lovedove's birthing hospital to this new one. i don't think i have a single complaint about all of the care i've received (and there have been many visits thusfar) in these first 6 months. i'm pretty confident that this level of care will continue and im thrilled.

so we're 6 weeks from my family sprinkle and im working on the invitations for that. my mom is not very computer literate, and my sister is not good at putting effort into things, so i said i would take care of it. gonna print them on cutesy paper that i bought today, nothing crazy. should be lovely to celebrate this pregnancy with my fam bc they are all aware of how hard it was for me to get here. clearly we dont need much, used this in the invite "Big sister sofia has so much to share, but we still want to show baby we care. not much is needed just the basics will do, diapers and wipes are welcomed from you". is that like rude to ask for that stuff since we dont need the big ticket items this time around? no right? someone be honest with me please. how would you feel if you got an invite that said that?

 and about 8/9 from my friends/pinup/sprinkle/bachelor party. yes, im a weird person. lovedove kept asking me what i wanted out of my party. my response was good food, drinks for everyone else, and pretty ladies to look at. guess its odd to request your friends to get dolled up for your baby sprinkle, but hey, why not. i love ladies, my friends are amazing, and my hormones are out of control. we're in the trust tree right? what could be better than your best friends showering you with love and support while looking pin-uppy and more smashing than usual? needless to say im pretty excited to get to that party at the very beginning of december.

im really looking fwd to next week as i have a growth scan sono on wednesday. cant wait to see baby girl again, hope shes still growing right on track.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the appt with the cardiologist went well and there's nothing to worry about. It must be a huge relief. Love the sound of your baby sprinkle with friends dressing up as pinup girls! That's my kinda sprinkle! And your invitation request for diapers and wipes sounds perfectly fine to me :) of course your friends and family will be wanting to give you guys alittle something for bub and the second time around mums to be, so I don't see anything wrong with telling them what things you want and need. Looks like you have some great stuff to look forward to over the next few months!

    ReplyDelete