Saturday, October 20, 2012

movement

im so in love with baby's moving all around. she makes me feel calm when i can feel her, its amazing how calm i feel when she's wiggling around. i'm pretty sure that she knows immediately any time i try to share her with anyone else, because she pretty much refuses to act up in those moments. performance anxiety already?

my parents are starting to act like this is real, which is kind of nice, but frustrating that it took this many months for it to start to be real to them. my dad touched my belly for the first time (probably in my adult life) the other day, it was really brief and sweet. my mom attended the most recent sonogram and didn't seem that impressed, but said she "almost" cried. thanks mom. way to go on being in touch with your emotional side/having health responses to emotional feelings. whatever.

another thing. i was pretty convinced (why i don't know) that since i've been bigger/somewhat overweight my entire life i was not going to get stretch marks. wrong-o. i've already got some on the underside of my belly, supporting my idea that im carrying moderately low. i've decided that ill do my best to lotion up and try to avoid too many of them. i'll take em, but i dont want them. im also scared about how much and how quickly my belly is going to grow. im not too big now, i know i will be by the end. oy.

so thats about it, halfway through a lovely weekend with lovedove, sofia, and disa. football on tv tomorrow, lovedove is going to make sauce so we can have a nice italian dinner with my favorite raviolis tomorrow, maybe pjs all day tomorrow. the weather seems unseasonably warm but we've got our windows open and there is a lovely little breeze.

i'm feeling happy and calm - which seems like a pretty big change from the first few months of this pregnancy. the ticker says 92 days, my brain says 88 to the due date, only time will tell when she'll arrive but im excited to meet her... but not sooner than later. i want her to be as ready as she can be when she makes her debut.

recent incorrect name guesses from mom: tessa, sadie, violet. good tries mom. keep guessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment