Thursday, October 25, 2012

kicking my ass... and my bladder

so i feel like the last week (of this pregnancy) was super long, and im not sure why. maybe because i just said how quickly things were going in my last post? anyway.. so i've decided to abandon my "real to me" pregnancy progress (28w1d) and just stick to the doctor's version, since that's the timeline that will be determining any decisions we make over the course of time. so from now on ill just stick to the dr's timeline, which puts me at 27w4d. i think that i finally decided to abandon the other timeline because (a) its only a few days (b) thats what the doc is saying (c) thats what lovedove wants me to go by. she wants me to go by the later date because that would put us at 38 weeks a few days into January, as opposed to the 38 week mark falling on like the 1st or 2nd. that will hopefully give her enough time to get back to work for at least a few days so its not like she just extends her xmas/new years break (shes a teacher) which they (any higher-ups/admin people) tend to look down on.

baby continues to kick me and get stronger which i love, and i've been watching my belly move around from the outside if she's feeling rambunctious enough to cause some movement on the outside which is awesome and strange. lovedove has been able to feel her more and more while we lay in bed or watch tv, but i haven't really been comfortable enough to have anyone else try to feel. plus i feel like i wind up putting pressure on myself/baby to actually do something when people do have their hand on my belly. stupid i know, but i just feel that way. recently she's begun kicking me in the bladder which is a very interesting sensation. its like, omg i really really have to pee all of a sudden, but it passes within a minute or two.

today was sofia's first group trip with her playgroup. we went to a local farm/petting zoo and before we even left i was spent. she was just being a disagreeable 2 year old, but i was pretty much in tears out of frustration before we even left. add on top of that, that we had to find street parking so that the buses (of school/daycare/etc kids on trips) could fill the parking lot, we had to wait 45 minutes for a guide to pick up our small group, and our guide was pretty bitchy for someone who leads tours for children everyday. sofia had also been up since 7am, refused to nap in the car, and gave me a hard time about absolutely every step of the getting ready process. it was barely enjoyable, which is really sad for me to say, but it was true. i forget that im pretty  much 7 months pregnant and walking around a farm for 2 hours isn't as easy as usual. sofia was so tired that she hardly wanted to pet the animals or get out of her stroller. the day was pretty gray so that didn't really help either. thankfully i had brought my sister along and she was a TREMENDOUS help. especially because pregnant women were not allowed on the hay ride so i was glad sofia go to go on. im sure the other moms from playgroup would have been willing to take her along, but she might have cried. she's kind of a wuss like that, especially when she is tired. it was a super long 2 hours, then i took my sister to lunch, then i had a regular check up. almost needless to say, i was completely exhuasted by the end of all of this, and called out of work. whatever, i hardly ever do and i was only scheduled to have 3 clients today, and the last one at 6:45 i can.not.stand. she's way too crazy for me, i've tried to transfer her to another clinician, but she wants to stick with me. sigh.

i tacked on another 6lbs this month, which brings the total weight gain to 18lbs, not too bad i guess but im wondering how high that number will climb. when my doctor said i had gained 6lbs (just a comment in passing to let me know) i responded with  "yea brownies will do that" and she's like "yea, especially when you know you can't have them". i kind of smiled and nodded, but my brain was thinking, what the fuck are you talking about lady? first of all, there is only a small list of foods/beverages pregnant ladies really can't have, but you dont tell a pregnant lady that she can't or shouldn't eat something like a friggin brownie. second,  i think that doctors forget that diabetics who wear pumps, can pretty much eat whatever the fuck they want and still keep things in check. at least i can, for now, so i'll continue to eat a brownie whenever i choose, even if it is almost every day.

other than today i continue to feel pretty good on a daily basis, just tired as usual. that falling-asleep-as-my-head-hits-the-pillow thing has unfortunately stopped for some time now, and i kind of struggle to fall asleep every night, despite being completely tired. my belly is getting bigger, but i think that the stretch marks haven't quite multiplied yet. i've started putting some body butter type stuff on 2x a day, and if nothing else, it helps to have sofia and lovedove connect some more with the belly (they take turns helping to apply the lotion), plus it keeps to create a stickier surface for the full panel of my maternity jeans to cling to. it really does, its pretty helpful actually.

anyway i hope everyone is feeling good, and i hope everyone is eating brownies wherever you are, pregnant or not! brownies are (part of my) heaven.

4 comments:

  1. Lol - This post made me laugh! And now I'm hungry ... :). Go the brownie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad i made you laugh. miss your posts, looking fwd to reading more soon :)

      Delete
  2. Your weight gain isn't bad at all (at least compared to mine). I will be the first to say that pregnancy shouldn't be a free-for-all, but it definitely was the one time in my life when I didn't worry nearly so much about all the things I was eating. And I'm glad it was that way! (Meanwhile, in stupid things that people say, when we were talking about my pregnancy weight gain, one of my midwives said "well, that's not all baby" or something like that. Win.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not that concerned about the weight gain, except that i started out bigger than the avg woman, so everything i read says i shouldnt put on more than 20-25lbs. i totally take responsibility for my lack of dietary control, so whatever the end result is, i'll deal. why do people say dumb shit to pregnant women? don't they know thats a dangerous move?

      Delete