Friday, March 23, 2012

more venting

its friday, thank God.

sofia has been having a tough time falling asleep this week, both at bed time and at nap time. im on duty for the nap time portion of the day. generally our nap time goes something like, i put her in the crib and lay her down, i sit at the computer, in the corner of her bedroom, clearly not the optimal placement due to it being literally off limits once she's asleep, and she winds down and falls asleep in about 20 minutes. i sneak out once she's asleep. lately, i put her down and head to the computer and she throws her 3 pillow pets out, her blankey out, her binky out, runs around the empty crib, and then starts yelling "MAMAMAMAMAMAMA" and speaking in her gibberish language. at this point she has been trying to settle down for oh, i dont know, a good 40 minutes? she's almost out of energy though. sometimes i think that the sound of my typing helps to put her to sleep. ok, maybe its the lullabies, but you never know. as frustrating as this process can be, shes getting so awesome everyday, i know i said that already recently. next.

this week was pretty insane. tuesday our music class plans didnt work out well so i wound up on the phone with the insurance company, our nurse, etc. remember how i said that our nurse buddy Heidi ordered our meds on monday? she did, but the fertility pharmacy didnt put it through, and by tuesday, that insurance system glitch had kicked back into being a problem. so first i called the fertility pharmacy to tell them to hold off on processing the order until i could make sure everything was fine in the other system(even though the woman i was speaking to said that they always run things through the policy holder's name only - i dont believe her). then i called the ins co and straightened that out. later i called back and tried to place the order for my meds. well the patches that heidi ordered are technically a menopausal drug so my ins wont cover that until im 49 years old (21 years from now) so luckily heidi was able to substitute another brand, so it wound up being covered. after that got straightened out we set up for delivery for today. lovedove was able to check the ins websites to find out how much we would wind up spending on the meds, i think my wife said its less than $200 total which sounds amazing to me. the most interesting thing after all of this got storted out... my HCG shot only cost $10. read this if you want to know why this is interesting to me.... anyway im thankful most of my shit was covered. very thankful. now im just waiting on the shipment that will undoubtedly arrive (with a ring of the door bell and the dog barking) as soon as sofia falls alseep.

wednesday was pre op day. went in at 8am and was seen pretty immediately, which was pretty impressive. had a very nice nurse but she was caught pretty off guard when it came to the marriage & children questions.

her-are you married?
me-Yes
her-how long are you married?
me-almost 5 years
her-oh, so you've been trying to have children for a long time?
me-no, im married to a woman, we've only been trying with my body for 6 months
her-Oh. (silence) i see here you have an adopted daughter. ((this info is in the my record from my first surgery 6 months ago)) what country did you adopt from?
me- my wife gave birth to her. i adopted her so that i can be her legal parent in any state or country.
her- oh.

im pretty sure i blew her mind. she was nice enough though, she seemed new anyways. my fave (sarcasm) part of pre-op is the ekg part, which was done by a different nurse. i got to be topless with an awesome gown, opposite of my normal undressed from the waist down, and the nurse has to move my breasts like they're small boulders to place the ekg electrodes. they're never rough or anything, but its just so uncomfortable for someone to move/lift your breast for you. my boobs are kind of big so i just feel like the process is so, just weird. yuck, i hope thats the last time for a while. i hate it. schkeeves me out. anyway then they told me to go get cleared by  my regular endocrinologist for surgery. luckily was able to schedule an appt for later that day, the only draw back is it is located at the exact same exit. back out i went. i get there my dr sees me, tries to get my labs&ekg from the presurgical testing people, they claim i didnt have an ekg. i get on the phone and tell them to find the record bc its there, bc it was done. they do. im hoping all is well now with my records although i didnt stick around to find out if the faxes got sent/received, etc. not my fucking job people, you guys can handle that with the 50 people you employ. hopefully its all taken care of.

now that the surgery is right around the corner, im starting to wonder about how long ive had these endometrial polyps in my uterus. from what ive read (not much) they dont grow quickly at all, and symptoms of larger polyps include: spotting between periods, pelvic cramps, heavy or prolonged menstrual periods. ive got the last 2, and always have since ive had my period. how long have these things been in there? and i really want to know how big they are, it totally doesn't matter, but i like knowing how large the things that were growing in my body that shouldn't have been there are. im kind of hoping that my periods wont be as traumatic once they're removed. here's to hoping.

(man i have a lot to say today)

2 more things. we'll start with the one i like less. yesterday Sofia and i went on our weekly date with my sister, her aunt. we went for lunch at the bar my mom and sister both work at (that sounds strange, i swear we dont live in a little hick town). we were having a lovely time chatting when a lady with a carriage comes in. i was like o how cute, a cute little boy for sofia to flirt with while we sit here, fine. then we find out he just turned 1, and she's like 5 months pregnant with the 2nd one. my jealousy was like off the charts. not that i would have wanted two kids that close together, but my God, if only to be that fertile and seemingly simple/complication-less. i almost ordered a drink, but i didnt.

and now to end on a super happy note. 2 new baby boys (via 2 different friends) entered the world this week. russell joseph and henry alexander. happy, healthy, and perfect. im so happy for their families, but a little jealous as always. hoping we'll get a chance to celebrate a birth day in our family, in about a year....

ps sofia's not asleep yet

No comments:

Post a Comment