Friday, June 22, 2012

10w2d (yay, double digits!)

this week has been so jam packed with stuff. sunday was father's day, monday and tuesday were normal i guess, i have nearly no recollection of them, plus the weather wasn't atrocious yet. wednesday we completed the sale of my car and then had a pool day before i was off to work. sofia is doing awesome in the water, 2 springtimes of swim lessons are paying off! thursday was nuts, dropped sofia off to stay and swim with her (aunt) DeeDee, and i was off to my first doctors appointment. the dr is SUPER nice, clearly experienced and confident, and acted like she had all the time in the world to sit and get to know me. cue me being in love. i was thrilled that she gave me a to-do list including another 24 hr urine sample (HATE), another ekg (no prob), and an eye appt with my eye dr (no prob). she did mention to me that due to my diabetes, i have to be careful about my blood pressure, which thankfully ive never had a problem with before. there is a possibility for gestational hypertension, which in its worst cases can lead to preeclampsia aka toxemia and can result in several terrible things that i dont want to let my brain know about, even though it already does. i was glad that she mentioned this to me as i'm a big believer in the earlier i know about something, the better equipped i am to deal with it/work to prevent it. she liked that i was proactive in controlling my diabetes with a pump and a cgm (probably too physically annoying for most, i swear one day ill post pictures of my devices) and hopefully the 15 tubes of blood they pulled will show her how good of control i have. i haven't been told of my A1C reading since march when it was 5.8, i would love for it to be lower now. I can probably ask when i go back for my nuchal in 2 weeks.

im a little worried about the nuchal bc a friend found problems at that scan with her first 2 pregnancies, right around when we were pregnant with sofia, and another friend recently had a scare after the nuchal, but baby turned out just fine and perfect in the end. im trying to tell myself there is no need to worry, and if they do see something to worry about, we'll just deal with it then. whatever will be will be, it is what it is.

today we've already had breakfast with sofia's nonna, hit up kmart for a put-on-the-grown-up-potty-potty seat (we dont think sofia is going to use a "kiddie" potty) shes seems to be much too stubborn for that. once lovedove is out of work for the summer we are going to start "trying" to see if she's ready to potty train. i have plans for lunch to see a former coworker who is expecting VERY soon (missed the shower), then the dog has another vet appt at 5, and then we have friends coming over to sit around and bs in the evening. im exhausted just thinking about it. 

tomorrow we have my cousin's bridal shower, which im looking forward to and i think will be lovely, although i wish i looked pregnant. i totally dont at all, which i guess is fine bc i feel pregnant most days (with huge sore boobs and/or nausea) and im starting to be more confident that we're on the road to success.

anyway, just wanted to pop in and update about the dr visit. hope everyone is feeling good! fingers crossed for ladies who are waiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment