Friday, June 1, 2012

i must be in a mood today

i guess im just grumpy today. sofia was annoying the crap out of me from 7-8am, i guess bc she wouldnt let me sleep (on the couch next to her) through sesame street. whatever. then i put her down for a nap and shes good about that. then im happy again. i sit down and find the number for the ob i want to go to and i call. i explain to the receptionist im a type 1 diabetic, i did ivf, and im pretty sure im 7 weeks pregnant. she tells me that based on my lmp, that im only 6 weeks. i tell her that i just had a sono yesterday and the dr was able to see a heartbeat. she insists that based on whatever wheel they use, im only 6 weeks pregnant, which to her means that i dont need to be seen immediately  (they had an opening today that she opted NOT to give me). she tells me one of the doctors is out on maternity leave so they're a little shorthanded. they dont have an opening for a new patient until the 19th of June. another fucking 2ww are you kidding me? i take the appt for the 19th and she tells me to call sporadically to try to catch them on a day where there is a cancellation. LADY, WTF CANT YOU JUST PUT MY NAME ON A POST IT AND CALL ME WHEN SOMETHING OPENS UP. wouldnt that be the most considerate thing to do for a woman who just went through ivf and is experiencing her first pregnancy? needless to say my blood has been simmering for the last half hour since i got off the phone with her. am i flying off the handle about this bc im a hormonal mess? i mean clearly this is a possibility but there were just too many things that pissed me off in that conversation. you have an appt for today that you wont give me, you know i'm high risk bc i told you im a diabetic and i should get in there asap, you know im nervous bc its my first time being pregnant and i told you im nervous, you're trying to tell me im less pregnant than i KNOW i am, and i have to call you once a day instead of you just informing me when you have a cancellation. i told you i would do whatever i needed to do to make it to the first available appt you had. AAAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

so, if i dont get in there any earlier and i go on the 19th, i'll be nearly 10 weeks pregnant (God willing) and my first trimester will pretty much be over. doesnt that sound like a bad idea to wait until week 10 to get any specialized prenatal care??? i think i have to call back and talk to someone about how frustrated i feel. this is not the foot i want to start this on.

(im sorry this is an angry rant but this is the only place i can vent at any time of day.)

2 comments:

  1. People are redick. I am still waiting to hear back from the midwifery group from my phone call two weeks ago (their website says "call as soon as you get a positive test). They called once to clarify one thing and left a message. I called back with the answer... that was last Friday. I just called again now to say "please let me know either way, because I need to start looking elsewhere ASAP". I'm hoping SOMEONE will take me on at this point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isnt it insane? nevermind prenatal care in your first trimester say the receptionists who provide zero medical care to the patients. when i call back im going to ask her to speak with a dr and if they say its fine not to come in until week 10, i may look elsewhere. people can be very very stupid.

      Delete