Sunday, June 10, 2012

8w4d

things i keep forgetting to type: i have had excessive saliva thusfar since the beginning of this pregnancy. its kind of annoying/hysterical. twice in the very beginning i was falling asleep in bed, and like woke myself up choking on my spit. it was ridiculous, and lovedove thought it was hysterical. needless to say it is very strange. i also find myself battling the excessive saliva every so often while im speaking. that is less hysterical for me but equally as hysterical as the first, for lovedove.

symptoms: i continue to be irritable and unfiltered which is annoying to those around me often. i have PLF, pregnant lady fatigue. sometimes all it takes is for me to shower and im exhausted. i actually passed up the chance to go to the beach today because it seemed like too much work with Sofia and im exhausted from 6 hours of driving/being in the car yesterday. it is very un-me to pass up a trip to the beach ever. my grandmother traveled home with us on the 3 hour car ride and unfortunately, she entertained an already exhausted toddler in my backseat (keeping her awake) until slightly after 10pm. i didnt think it was possible to be mad at my 92 year old grandmother, but being pregnant and irritable, i was. i hope i didn't let it show, i love her too much. needless to say sofia slept like crap overnight and into the morning. my boobs are still the most sore they've ever been which is both painful and reassuring. also, i can not get enough sweets. at all. i want cookies, ice cream, and everything else you can think of. my appetite is amazing. after a large hibachi dinner friday, i had some ice cream from cold stone, and was near a joh.nny rockets a few minutes later, and my body wanted a vanilla milkshake. there would have been no where to put it, but i debated it for a split second. it was a very strange moment.

updates: most of my entire family and close circle of friends now know im pregnant. we were at my 87 year old great uncle's wedding (in his backyard in PA) and having everyone in one place at the same time seemed to make it easy to pass along to one family at a time. of course we were met with oodles of congrats and warm wishes, and i just asked everyone to keep their fingers crossed that things continue to go well. i kept telling people that i was "a little" pregnant, and my uncle/Godfather thought i meant that i wasn't even sure if i was pregnant yet. it was funny. so yea, pretty much my whole family knows at 8.5 weeks along. whatever. telling people isn't going to change what fate has in store for us. we're still grateful for getting this far and we're still aware of the risks, as is everyone else.

we told a few more friends, there seem to just be a few stragglers left in the "close friends" circle that dont know. lovedove and i went to hibachi dinner on friday night with 8 girlfriends and 5 of them had already known. so we played telephone (i started the 2nd round) and it was obvious who was hearing "even though most of you know, i'm pregnant" for the first time. it was really hysterical. their reactions were very confused and one friend was said "what? im not saying that!", which raised my eyebrow, wondering if she might be too. we had the greatest hibachi guy and it was before his little show had started, so he said it out loud as the last person in the chain. it was really funny and one of the greatest ways to tell them. fun fun fun. we laughed a ton and my face hurt from smiling.

its been a great weekend. lovedove and i had a date day without the baby, she went to the beach with one of her grandmas. we hit up a bunch of stores for various items and even had lunch out without sof. i bought a boppy body pillow to try to tame my tossing and turning every night. i started wearing lovedove's old bella bands too as my bottoms are starting to get tight as my slight changes in my belly are starting to affect how my pants/shorts fit. i tried on a few nursing bras at motherhood maternity as im figuring i will need comfy bras to get me through this pregnancy and comfy and supportive ones for while im breastfeeding. they have a sale going on, but i couldnt get any now, have to wait for my next paycheck. hopefully i catch the tail end of it.

i have an appt for a sonogram on wednesday and i cant wait to get there. i hope that we see that things are progressing well, and im hoping to actually be given how the baby is measuring and an actual due date. i just want to be assured again that things are fine, and that im still pregnant, not that my boobs/moods dont remind me daily.

hope everyone is feeling good, and that those waiting for their bfps will get them very soon!




1 comment:

  1. So fun! We also used the phrase "a little pregnant" as in C saying "X might be just a little pregnant!" I definitely don't miss the I-feel-a-little-pregnant-but-don't-have-constant-reassurance days and hope that your ultrasound gives you great reassurance.

    ReplyDelete