Saturday, April 21, 2012

question 5, day 7

so i went out to the far away location today, had my bloods and sono done. seems like my body is responding well, i think its questionable whether its responding too well. they told me this morning that they might want to change my trigger from an hcg to Lupron. once i relayed this info to lovedove, she jumped on the new laptop and said that she thinks the reason why they would do that (because they didnt say anything more than they might decide to change it) is to prevent ohss. so it may just be a precautionary thing, or they might actually be a bit concerned that i might be over responding. my dr did the sono this morning so i felt kind of reassured that he's up to date on the details of my progress. he's such a nice doctor, im so glad we like him as much as we do. so it seems that so far on the left, he measured 5 follies on the right(bad side with the endometriomas) and he measured at least 10 follies on the left, and then said that there were multiple smaller follies in addition to those on the left as well. so we'll see, he predicted a few more days of injections and also said i might have to go back tomorrow. clearly not what id like to do with my sunday morning, but im like a slave to that place. i dont care what they tell me to do, ill do it.

on a somewhat sad note, today is almost definitely my last basketball game of the season, we have to win today to make it to the playoffs(we won i drafted this part prior to the game), and i may either have already had my retrieval or maybe ill be having it that day. saturday would actually be my preferred day if i had any say in the whole thing (which i clearly dont lol) because lovedove will still be here and will actually be able to come with me. thurs and fri dont work for her due to obligations at her job and on sunday morning she's gone. so its not looking good for us to be together at the retrieval. obviously not the way we want it to go, but just one of those things that we have absolutely no control over. i try not to stress over things i have no control over.

QOTD #5
List 15 facts about yourself.


1. i don't drink soda (without alcohol in it). i was never a soda drinker even when i was little. i hated the "bubbles" as a kid. the beverage i drink most is water.
2. i love musicals, rent, les mis, wicked, grease, west side story, white christmas, etc.
3. im super nosy, i used to go through my friend's wallets in high school, on a pretty regular basis. of course id ask first.
4. i am the female version of my father, both looks wise and  personality wise.
5. i love sweets, not the best trait for a diabetic, but i take super good care of myself (ie timing my insulin)
6. i used to have a very bland diet and was a super picky eater, until i met my wife, who opened my eyes to the vast range of the culinary world.
7. i love swimming and was a lifeguard for a few years at the pool i spent every summer at while growing up.
8. i am not a reader, at all. i wish i was, it makes me feel unintelligent that im not.
9. i'm the youngest person in all of our circles of friends.
10. i was a "late bloomer". i had absolutely no boobs until the end of 8th grade, then they got kind of large.
11. im a "gold star" lesbian ::wink:: and i was my wife's first kiss, etc, etc.
12. my wife says i always think that irrational things are going to happen, hence i kind of hate super scary movies.
13. i had a teddy bear my entire life. he was furless and decrepit by the time i was like 12, i slept with him as a pillow forever until my wife made me put him in a bedside drawer. then disa got a hold of him, he's a stuffingless sack now that i dont even know where he is. whoops lol, at least its progress.
14. i would LOVE to one day open up a pitbull rescue that teams with a local school/youth center for "high risk" kids to work at so that they can simultaneously learn responsibility, feel important, and nurture shelter animals.
15. i absolutely love music, listening to it, dancing to it, there's almost nothing better.

well hopefully that wasn't too boring. im sure ill think of another 15 things that would have been cooler to write in the next 2 days, but i guess this stuff will have to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment